- EN_IE3-NEMA Premium (PDF, 2.1 MB)
IE3 (Premium Efﬁciency) will be mandatory in Europe
25 avr. 2016 | Elektror
Last stage of the minimum efficiency for asynchronous motors comes into force
With the upcoming year 2017 the regulation for introduction of asynchronous motors changes again. According to the EU regulations 640/2009 and 04/2014 only motors of the energy efficiency class IE3 (according to the IEC 60034-30-1 - Premium Efficiency) may be operated from 1st January 2017 within the European Economic Area. This will apply for all motors in the power range from 0.75 kW to 375 kW. This regulation affects manufacturers as well as system providers and system operators.
Which units are affected?
All blowers equipped with a three-phase, low-voltage motor with 50 Hz or 60 Hz in the power range of 0.75 kW to 375 kW. In specific, this affects the following device from the Elektror-series:
• Low pressure blowers (ND, S-LP)
• Medium pressure blowers (RD, S-MP)
• High pressure blowers (HRD)
• Conveying blowers (RD F)
• Special blowers (SVD)
Which units are NOT affected?
• Devices with motors < 0.75 kW and > 375 kW
• Side channel blowers resp. motors that are fully integrated in a machine and are practically impossible to inspect individually (except UL devices with 60 Hz)
• Pole-changing devices
• Single-phase devices
• Devices that are intended for frequency converter operation except 50 Hz and 60 Hz
• ATEX blowers
Where can I obtain more information and assistance regarding the conversion of my blowers and side channel blowers?
Your Elektror contact person from the sales stuff as well as our Product Management will be pleased to assist you with any queries you may have regarding the IE3 and NEMA Premium motor conversion. More information can be found here in our brochure about the IE3 and NEMA Premium changeover.« retour